Disability Insurance from CY Benefits
The ability to work and earn income is probably the most valuable asset you possess. But if that asset is suddenly jeopardized, via a debilitating injury or illness, cash flow can stop immediately. As your regular expenses continue to pile up, your inability to work can put you in a financial hole.
Disability insurance pays a portion of your salary, in regular payments, for a predetermined period of time. So even if you can’t work, you can still afford the essentials.
Group Short-Term Disability Insurance
Protect your most valuable asset: your ability to work. Most people insure against damage to their material possessions—their homes, boats and cars, even their cell phones. Why wouldn’t they insure against damaging their most valuable asset? Disability Income can help protect you and your family from going into serious debt or losing the savings you’ve worked so hard for.
- Replacement of up to 60% of your income
- Benefit Periods of 3, 6, 12 and 24 months
- Flexible Elimination Periods
- Waiver of Premium Provision
- Premiums that are covered after 90 consecutive days of total disability or the elimination period–whichever is longer.
Partial Disability Benefit Provision
- When recovering from a disability activating the Waiver of Premium Provision, if an insured can only return to work on a limited basis, this plan will pay up to half of the monthly benefit amount, starting the first day following the end of the total disability.
Optional Riders (subject to availability):
- Accelerated Benefit for Terminal Illness Rider
- If a covered person is initially diagnosed with a terminal illness (12 months left to live) by a physician on or after the effective date of the rider, 12 months of disability benefits are paid in advance.
- Survivor Benefit Rider
- If the insured dies while receiving benefits, the Survivor Benefit will pay an amount equal to 3 times the insured’s monthly disability benefit to their beneficiary.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Rider
- Pays specific benefits for accidental death or dismemberment due to an off-the-job accident.
- Hospital Indemnity Rider
- When the insured qualifies for Total Disability Benefits as a result of a covered accident or sickness and is hospitalized, they will receive a daily confinement benefit equal to 25% of the monthly disability benefit for a maximum of 30 days.